The bank’s goal was to modernize their existing site while emulating a friendly and personal banking experience online. Early adopters already bank online. Big Bank wants to entice the next wave of users with a simple and human online experience.
As with any project of this size, there were challenges. This project marked the company’s first foray into Agile, which can take some getting used to. Also, Big Bank was very reluctant to make back-end changes. It was a constant struggle to not let the siloed back-end dictate our design.
The team members for this project numbered in the hundreds and were spread out across the country. My contribution was to:
- Promote modern UX practices
- Aid in research planning, create clickable prototypes for user testing
- Think through flows, create and present wireframes
- Solicit feedback and approval from stakeholders
- Propose improvements to IA and Navigation
Working on such an enormous project and getting consensus on designs from so many stakeholders was often challenging. A few “big wins” are described below.